Friday 15 August 2014

Seven Months In The Life Of A Scientist

A long time (7 months!) has passed since my first blog post. What happened? Shortly after I started my blog at the beginning of the year, I was asked to write one for The Guardian, a British newspaper. I didn’t want to write two blogs at the same time! It was a fun and interesting experience. I wrote my last piece for the paper, and want to return to what I had started; i.e., to chart my life as a very early career scientist and to discuss the latest advances (and also what I think are the most interesting stories) in science.

Before I do, I promised to write a bit about the scientific method. I will start with the (philosophical) origins of science and the scientific method. It’s important to understand the past, because events that happened in the past still influence the way we think about and do things today. Later, I will write about modern science, and also the original subject of my very first post: a day in the life of a scientist!

No comments:

Post a Comment